Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jay & The Americans Livin' Above Your Head in French

Found this great version en francais for all of our French friends of a classic from Jay Black & The Americans, "Livin' Above Your Head".  It's fabulous with a great video from dunepaul9999.   In my opinion, this shows that a fabulous voice translates into any language.  For those of us who do not speak or understand French, I have included the English lyrics.




LIVIN' ABOVE YOUR HEAD (lyrics)


Seems so strange, you're putting me through changes
Baby, I can't believe you're not the same sweet girl that I once knew
But baby, the change has come about and it don't look too good on you
It seems so strange, you're putting me through changes
Baby, you've started doin' things you should not be doin'

CHORUS:
Livin' above your head, girl; you're comin' on way too strong
You're livin' above your head, girl, and something has got to go wrong

Baby, don't think that I don't know you're runnin' out with other guys
And baby, though it hurts me so, you know that I'm still hypnotized
Don't let my pride kill all the love inside of me
Baby, you've started doin' things you should not be doin'

(chorus)

(instrumental)

(repeat chorus and fade)

No comments: