Thursday, December 8, 2011

Missing John Lennon

It amazes me that 31 years have gone by since the senseless murder of John Lennon.  I remember exactly where I was and the horrific moment when the newscaster cut into Monday Night Football to make the announcement.  I remember walking into my office the next day, my eyes swollen from crying and talking to a co-worker who I had no idea was also a fan.  We became best friends and have remained so, John Lennon brought us together.
John Lennon was a generous, charitable man and I consider myself fortunate to have been able to see him in concert when he performed at a charity event, an experience I will never forget.
Thirty-one years later, I still miss the genius of John Lennon and wonder what would have been had he lived.





1 comment:

Caramia's Collection said...

Thank you for noticing my post. John Lennon was very special and continues to influence many of us.