Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rest In Peace Davy Jones

It was with great sadness I learned of the sudden death of one of my childhood favorites, Davy Jones at age 66.
Davy opened a boutique in New York City's Greenwich Village at the height of his stardom and I remember as a kid going there as often as I could, hoping to catch a glimpse of the star.
Davy was not only cute with his boyish good looks and charming English accent back in the '60's, but was talented as well.  Davy was a child actor in his native England and starred as "The Artful Dodger" in the play "Oliver".  We all know that he later became part of the singing group The Monkees and the rest is history.I had the great pleasure of seeing Davy Jones perfom with two of the other Monkees, Peter Tork and Micky Dolenz several times.  It was a blast from the past that I will never forget.
Rest in peace Davy Jones and thank you for the memories.

No comments: